Label: Gordy/Motown Records
Front cover: This is just trashed. It took a long time to fix this one up with manual cloning. It’s also a bit off-balance so that had to be fixed. All black silhouetting had to be replaced due to scratching. The results are pretty darned good if I do say so myself.
Gatefolds: These are in pretty good shape. Some minor scratching but nothing I couldn’t remove through cloning. The green border is trashed so I just scanned the background and the pic on it’s own. I then opened up a new blank file and put the background and pic on top of it. I had to do this to both sides in order to restore the green border.
Back cover: The back isn’t nearly as bad as the front. Minor scratches removed through cloning.
Labels: Both labels are in decent shape. Of course, the labels wouldn’t naturally scan as their actual color. The scanner wanted to make them more purple. I had to manually correct at the scanner stage in order to get the right color for both labels. I only focused on the maroon/brown label as I knew the yellow triangles would likely look awful. Once I got the right shades (each side was very slightly different), I then focused on the yellow – using the color picker to find the exact shade of yellow which was consistent on both sides. I then replaced the yellow triangle and the yellow areas in the “Gordy” logo to restore the color.