Label: Mirage/Atlantic Records
Front cover: The scanner wanted this a little muddier than it really is. It also wanted to brighten up the black lettering. I fixed most of this at the scan stage and the lack of color in Mic and David’s faces were fixed in Photoshop. I also cloned out some minor scratches in David’s pants and remove the cut-out notch by the foot that appears right.
Sleeves: Sleeves are in good shape but the scanner wanted them too bright. I darkened them in Photoshop to make them as readable as possible. The second side has a few wrinkles but I can’t remove them without hurting the text.
Back cover: This is in good shape but there were scratches here and there that were easily removed. The worst was that the cut-out notch went directly through the “A product of Mirage Record, Inc.” and the Mirage logo. To remedy, I took the “r”, “a”, and “g” from the copyright notice in the center. As for the logo, I grabbed another online, took the background out of it, and removed all its color. It’s virtually indistinguishable from the one I fixed. Pretty good work all told, I think.
Labels: Even these were hard. These labels would not balance color-wise. It took forever to get them looking as they do. Odd to have to work this hard but it’s all done. Of course, I removed the spindle holes as well.